Louisiana High School Football Playoff Brackets
If you have any information to update these, please email
- Because of various 'terms' that conflicted over the years with different News Papers and different Sports Writers, I'd like to give some guide lines about how I have listed these and my terminology.
- Every time you read the word 'playoff' in old newspapers that did not necessarily mean it was a "state playoff' game.
- For years Districts use to have a 'playoff' game to determine the District Champion. Sometimes it would even be three teams involved. A 'Bi-district' game was a very loose term also and it could also be the Quarterfinals.
- For the purposes on THIS WEBSITE, all Championship games are referred to as 'Finals.' The round before the Finals will be referred to as the Semi-finals. In early playoff years the Semi-finals were the first round.
- The round before the Semis will be referred to as the Quarterfinals. Once again that could have been referenced as a Bi-District if it was a First Round game.
- The round before the Quarterfinals will be referred to as the Regionals. There will only be a Regional round if there are at least 4 rounds in the playoff.
- The round before the Regionals will be referred to as the Bi-District game. There will only be a Bi-District game if there are 5 rounds in the playoffs. There will only be a Regional round if there are at least 4 rounds in the playoff.
In 1954, the LHSAA went to 4 classifications for the playoffs. (3A, 2A, 1A, & B)